Friday, July 27, 2007

Just another day

I am slowly going through more of our things and selling it off. It is hard sometimes because I wish I could take more with me but we need to decide what is most important and what is not. Plus sometimes when I sell something, the hubby asks me "did you really want to sell that?". NO, but we can't take it all. I think there are a few things that will really hurt for me to sell but I am not sure how we can justify a sea crate. Or afford it at this point unless I sell alot of things from now til we leave in a month. Plus part of me wants to go ahead and get all new as a new start. It is very emotional for me and the pregnancy hormones do not help either. I am on that last week roller coaster of having so much to do and not having the energy to do it. I need to get the bassinet out and clean it up, pull out all of my baby clothes and sleepers, buy diapers, wipes, nursing pads, nursing bras and a baby sling to carry her in. How did it end up that I have not bought any of this stuff and it is a week away?? It seems like yesterday I had a month to prepare. Jeez, time flies.
And I am tired of this heat. I feel like I can't breathe most days.
Well enough whinging for now. Have to go and take the bread out of the oven.

3 comments:

Maljet said...

Hi,
I just read your blog and want to wish you good luck for your new live.

We moved two years ago from Hamburg, Germany to Richmond with our to kids. Everything was new and we were very excited. You are very brave to move just giving birth to your third child. Our little one was six month when we arrived.

Please say hello to the kangaroos and again all the best for your future.
Christiane

Mar said...

Hang in there! Only a few more days and R will be back. Love Ya Mar

Author! Author! said...

An old hippie aunt of mine once told me that every ten years or so, she inevitably ended up losing all of her 'stuff' one way or another. She said it was ultimately the most liberating feelings.

I took her statements to heart and have purged myself of most of my 'stuff' several times throughout my life. It is indeed very pleasing. Anxiety belongs to anticipation. Sure, you may miss it once in a while when it is gone, but the feeling of lightness that comes from freeing oneself from the bonds of ownership is truly wonderful.