Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hey biddabiddabidda!

I had one of the first of probably many yardsales yesterday to clean the house of what we are not taking. And can I say that I HATEYARDSALES!!!! I mean come on people, don't harrass me over 50 f*#%N cents! I know people like to haggle but if I have 75cents on something that you know if you bought it new was $10, don't waste my time asking me if I will take 50cents. For God's Sake! Can i hear a Hell YES! Ahmen! And I know you know what I am talking about. And if you are one of these people, SHAME ON YOU! Now, if the item is say $100, ok, let's make a deal. But please. please.
That being said, I came in and decided that my big stuff will go on the "List". Craig's list. Do you know him? The DH hates it but I have had nothing but luck on it. Put 2 items on it that I had in the yardsale, Kitchen aid mixers, the big mofos that we paid alot for.(And can you believe someone had the nerve to ask me at the sale if I would take $20 for a 6 month old $500 mixer? And they new how much it cost!Big balls!) Anyway, put the items on the List and got a call 15 mins later. asked if I still have them and I told them yes. They wanted them. No questions asked. No haggling and I had raised the price on them just in case. So lovely young lady comes to my house, walks out with 2 mixers and paid CASH! Oh be still my heart! I am a believer in the List now. I have many items on there now, if anyone is interested. Now I am wondering if I should do more yardsales for the little bullshit items or just forget it, sell the big things and donate all the little stuff and clothes. Any advice? We are maybe getting a sea crate to ship some things to Perth but not alot. Not even sure if it is going to be worth it in the big picture. But when you have 2 little kids, there are somethings that you just don't want to get rid of. And alot of things that I know would cost an arm and a leg to replace there. Oh what to do, what to do. Maybe the answer will come to me in my sleep. Dream of my home there and see what I see in it. Wouldn't that be lovely!
And only 4 more weeks til my baby is here as of today!!! I can't wait. Now if we could decide on a name, that would be wonderful. We are down to Rose, Fiona, Katheryn and Ursula. I say wait and see who she is and then decide. We have come this far without a name, just wait a few more weeks. And I have my final sonogram on Wed to see how big our girl is too.
Will let you know and I am sure have a pic for you too after wed. Until then...

1 comment:

outoutout said...

Grrr yard sales seem to attract all kinds of vultures, don't they? Glad you had better luck with Craigslist.

I like the name Fiona. :)