Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Sorry loyal readers it has been a while since my last post. I have been fighting one type of pestulance after another it seems over the past few months. Maybe it is because I now have a child in public school or maybe because along with my new and exotic country also comes new and exotic viruses to attack my poor body. In the past month I have had 2 respiratory viruses, a sinusits, a bronchitis and about 3 bouts of digestive disorders which I will not go into details but I am sure you get the picture. I never thought that so much sickness could be in one house in such a short period of time but we have all had fevers for days and coughing still goes on every night.
On an up note, we have had a very productive month in getting established here. The girls have matching beds thanks to Ikea that they love. Bright red with a dog and a cat on it. Zoe has an ocean theme quilt and sheets, Sarah has zoo animals or Noggin animals as she calls them because they look like cartoon animals on Noggin.
We have found a new custom that a is here in Australia too. Christmas in July. It is not just a saying here. It is for real. People have on their fur coats, scarves, mittens, hats and have Christmas parties. Even the shops and retail outlets get into it of course and have toys stacked to the rafters. So we have had an early visit from Santa/Dad here at the Rat house. And what did he bring? Why many things. For the girls there is a ride on Thomas the Train, a huge Dora dollhouse with 50 accessories for me to step on in the middle of the night and a leapfrog learning play center for the baby. For Mr and Mrs Clause, a Rancilio espresso machine and coffee grinder/doser. We have been using a french press or plunger as they say here for the entire time here. This has been hard to do after having a Francis Francis in the states but now we can have the real deal again. So I can have my afternoon Mama crack again.
Best of all, MAMA GOT A CAR!!! Yes, I have now got a passion red 2007 Holden Commodore. For those in the states, google it. Those here in Australia, you know what it is. I love it and it is big enough to carry 2 car seats and a booster seat. it is perfect for me and easier to park than an suv. Pictures will come as soon as I take them but with the rain and the sickness, I have not had a chance to take any. So just use your imagination and see me blur past you in a red car.
I am being chased off the computer now by a pushy 2 year old that wants to watch Teletubbies so til next time, take care.

No comments: