Saturday, June 23, 2007

All by myself...

It has been a week now since the hubby left. Man, I miss him. He is in Perth and loves his new job but I know he misses me too. It has to be hard to be that far away and not know that many people and knowing that you have a family back at home that misses you sooo much. But I keep telling myself that it is going to be worth it.

People ask me why we want to move to Australia and to me it is simple... a better way of life. Especially for our children. I don't want them to live in a place where they have to go through metal detectors to go to school, A place that is not very well liked all over the world. And it is a beautiful place. Don't get me wrong, I have seen a lot of this country and there is no place that compares to it but something is just not right here.

Today I am just feeling lonely and wish it would pass. There is so much that needs to be done before we can move and so little I can do. It is frustrating. Maybe if I click my heels together 3 times, it will pass fast.
Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore...

4 comments:

The Prof said...

We have just two nights left here in our empty house, and it's amazing how much we still have to do before we leave on Tuesday. I can't believe that we are finally spending next weekend in Australia, after all these months of waiting, planning, waiting, packing, waiting, etc. Before you know it, you'll be getting on that plane, landing, and getting those toes in the Indian Ocean!

outoutout said...

*hugs*hugs*hugs*
I know how it is when the one you love is so far away. And especially while you're going through those last weeks of pregnancy - that's gotta be rough. :(

The Prof is right. The time will fly and before you know it, it'll be your last night in the US!

Hang in there.

Brett Branco said...

Just came across your blog (via the prof's blog). My wife and I came to Perth a few months ago with our 2 month old daughter (now 7 months). If you need any information, let me know.

Brett Branco said...

Whoops, contact info...

bfbranco at gmail dot com

http://branco.typepad.com

Cheers