Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wow!


What a difference a few days make. 2 days ago, we were thinking of how we would be sitting here over the next few months waiting for the new baby and the visas. All the planning came to a screeching halt last night when R got a call from his headhunter in Aus. Seems he has a job and they want him in 2 weeks. A little finagling on there side and it is done. He will be leaving in 2 weeks for Perth and will work there for a month, come home for the birth of our third daughter, stay 2 weeks and go back. Once our permanent resident visas get here, then we all go there. For good. He is going to be staying with a wonderful mate over there that has been a Godsend for us. Bless you MS.

Now, this is not going to be fun or easy for either of us. Especially me. I will be here to tie up lose ends, sell things, get the shippers lined up for our goods that are going to go, find homes for the dog and cat, sell the car and take care of 2 little girls. Then give birth in Aug and take care of 3 little ones by myself. No family to help and very few friends. Oh me, oh my. I know somewhere in the mix too that I will have to pack up the kids, not sure if it will be 2 or 3 and drive 5 hours to the closest medical examiner for our physicals for visas. I can do it but man, what a job this is going to be.

And once I get to Perth, I am going to go to the beach, put my toes in the sand, drink a beer and breathe.

1 comment:

The Prof said...

"Wow!" seems like an understatement. You really do have your work cut out for you!! I thought that we had it bad with our one child, and both of us still in the country, but your situation is so much more of a challenge (I should never complain about our own move again). I know you'll be able to do this, though. Look, you already know about the long waits and stresses that come with pregnancy and raising children, so what's a little move to the other side of the planet?!