Sunday, December 2, 2007

FINALLY!!!

Been a bit since I posted but we are FINALLY here. And I love it. Maybe I am just in the honeymoon stage but so far the weather, the food and the people have been great. We are staying with friends but found a house to move into in Stirling in 2 weeks. I had my first trip to downtown and Freo and loved it. Funny thing is that we have a friend in Freo that my hubby has met but I have not had the pleasure of meeting. We tried to get ahold of her when we went there but when we went to get on the train to leave and go back to where we arstaying, low and behold, who was on the train? Fate? Who knows but I know I was extatic to meet her and it was like I met someone that I have known for many years.
The kids are doing well. We flew on Emirates Airline and I would highly recomend them to anyone flying from the east coast of the US. The staff was friendly, there is lots of leg room and the food was great. Plus the fleight attendants are very friendly and love taking care of the kids. It took us 28 hours and when we landed in Perth at 2 am, the staff that was working gladly helped us and ribbed us about the luggage. One man in particular joked me and asked me if we were here for 2 weeks. HAHAHA. We had 9 suitcases, 5 carry ons and 3 kids. I was so relieved. This week we have to go to immigration and get our visas officially stamped.
All and all, it has been a long time coming but damnit, WE ARE HERE!!!

3 comments:

Brett Branco said...

Welcome to Perth!! Just in time for Christmas on the beach.

Mooselet said...

Excellent!!! So glad to hear you arrived in one piece. I'm looking forward to reading about how you're finding things once you're settled.

Welcome to Oz!

outoutout said...

I know I said this on YDU already, but... welcome to Oz, Kwirkie and family!