Friday, November 2, 2007

Boo time


So another Halloween has passed and the wheel of life has turned again 360 degrees. A lot has happened in a year.
Halloween/Samhain is my favorite holiday by far for many reasons but mainly because I have always took time to look back on the past year and see all that I have "harvested" over the past year. This year is a bit different though. Although we are still in the Northern Hemisphere, I know we will be going to the Southern Hemi before the end of the year and I will be entering a different season and I know this will be odd to my system. Mentally and physically I am ready for the rest that winter brings and I know that I won't get it this year. I had read a response to a blog I like to read , Audra's Australian Adventures , and it brings up a point that I have been thinking about and addressed with a few of my pagan friends, about the celebration of Samhain. My "pagan" side has trained me to follow the seasons when it comes to celebrations. I believe this is what the old world pagans would have done if placed in the situation of being thrown to the land down under. That would make sense to me. So this year, I did celebrate Halloween but not quite to the extint that I would have if I would be staying here. I did 2 rituals, one a very introspective and giving thanks of all that I have had given to me this year and one of planting and preparing to start over. It felt right. I soo look forward to celebrating another Samhain in April at the end of the Australian summer and seeing how it feels.

As for the kids, they just had a great time Trick or Treating and bringing home a HUGE booty. I am enjoying in helping them eat it.

And for those that have asked me why I am not over there yet, let me just say that corruption is abound, and that includes in Australia too. Our paperwork is back on track now but only after some investigating on our part. The Australian Immigration agents have been wonderfully helpful but I will say to anyone that is immigrating and using a third party company to sponsor them, be very very careful and stay on top of everything. I am not saying they are all bad or all good, just if something smells fishy, there is a reason and follow your instinct. Luckily I have a husband that is a take charge kind of guy and has gone above and beyond to make sure that this move is done right. That said, we will be there before the end of the year.

Happy Hallow Spring!

1 comment:

The Prof said...

Very good news about your immigration status! Before you know it, you'll be counting down the final minutes of 2007 in the warmth of summer!