Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oh Lord won't you buy me ...

I am having a very whingie day today. Actually for the past few weeks I have been feeling blue. I am not really homesick but just feel sad. I can not quiet put my finger on the feeling I have. It is this empty dark feeling in my heart. I try and keep a smile on my face for everyone around me but it can be hard somedays to do that.
We have been here for almost 5 months and still we are setting up house. I am having some serious sticker shock at the price of getting all the little things in our house that I took for granted in the past. Little things that I miss like a cheese grater, cookie sheets, cake pans (and I had lots of cake pans), my KA mixer, skillets of various sizes, a cd player and radio, etc. The thing I miss the most is a car though. I have been a very independant and mobile person since I was 16. I have driven thousands of miles by meyself and never thought twice about it. Now, it is a challenge to go anywhere. Not having a car here in Perth is like missing your leg. And also using city transit with 3 kids under 5 is nearly impossible. I am sure it IS possible but I have not been brave enough to attempt it. Getting a double stroller on a bus is got to be a feat in itself. So now that Sarah is on her fall/spring break, we have very little to do except sit here at home and I try to think of crafts to entertain her and her sisters for t he next two weeks. This pisses me off like you would not believe! It pisses me off that I can not go to the library or to the craft store with them. It pisses me off that we can't go to the beach on the pretty days. It pisses me off to be so dependent on others to take me places (which others mainly means my hubby when he gets home from work). It pisses me off that shops close at 5!!! Am I homesick? No. I am just sick of BEING AT HOME!!! Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz... Hell, a moped at this point would be nice.
Enough whinging.

No comments: